What is periodontics or swollen gums?
It is a dental specialty that focuses on conditions and diseases of the tooth support issues like the gums, the ligament and the bone.
Periodontics is also useful to restore the aesthetics of your teeth.
Learn about Gabriela’s experience with periodontics
Treatments included in periodontics
- Periodontal surgery
- Crown lengthening
- Scraping and root planing
- Colgago debridement
- Bone grafts
- Brushing and spinning technique
- Aesthetic crown lengthening
- Root coverage
- Preimplantation treatment
- Bone regeneration
- Socket preservation
Benefits of periodontics
- Bacteria-free dental health.
- Avoid and / or correct gum disease.
- Healthy periodontal
- Reduces the risk of extraction due to bone loss
- Prevents inflammation of the gums called “gingivitis”
- Reduces the risk of extraction
Frequently asked questions about periodontics
What does the treatment consist of?
The treatment consists of taking care of gums, bones, and ligaments to control their inflammation and bleeding. This way, we ensure that the bone and other supporting structures are healthy, in the case of lack of treatment, the medium-term result is tooth loss.
Once the periodontal treatment is finished, there must be a maintenance phase every 3 months.
Each treatment has its specific procedure.
What are the symptoms of periodontal disease?
- Red and bleeding gums
- Loose tooth
- Bad breath
- Loss of teeth
How long does the procedure take?
The duration of the treatment depends on the advanced state of the disease. Nonetheless, the average time is 4 appointments over the course of a month, visiting the specialist once a week.
Sakar Dental advantage on periodontics
- With our patients’ approval, we use conscious sedation so they don’t lose consciousness and remain reactive without any inconvenience.
- We monitor the periodontal patient every 3 months.
- Our specialist is certified by the Mexican Council of Periodontics A.C.
The only dental clinic in Mexico with the ISO 9001:2015 quality certification
We are members of the most recognized dental associations at a global level